[MV] GPW/MB blackout & fuel price

Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:52:59 +0100

Andreas wrote:
>Unleaded regular gas costs here US-$ 3.50 per US-gallon, so people look
>how to save fuel.
>Regards from the country with the expensive fuel,
>Andreas

Much to my sorrow, I can beat that. The same fuel here costs nearly $4.20
per US gallon.
I wish I could wave a magic magnet and save some money.

By the way - a quick Jeep question or 2:

I have the U-shaped blackout lamp on my '43 jeep, as opposed to the
horseshoe-shaped one.
Q1: Most pictures I've seen show the horseshoe-shaped lamp. Are the U
shapes rarer, or am I looking at the wrong pictures?!
Q2: There are 4 or 5 regularly spaced holes in the U-band - can anyone tell
me what they're for?

Thanks everyone and regards from the country with (even more) expensive fuel.
(Is it too early to say "Happy Christmas"?)

Mick O'Farrell
(Ireland)
Miss J - '43 GPW/mb