Re: [MV] Slick 50 revisited

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:30:55 -0500

Hi
Interestingly the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), which I think most
everyone respects has now recently come out with a technical paper on their
study of PTFE use and endorsed it as benificial. The Fram filter company
has also now endorsed this stuff and is adding a small quantity to their
line of premium Double Guard filters. It seems that mainstream automotive
interests are now beginning to state that it has certain potential
benefits. I have known many friends who have used these products and some
swear by them. I don't know if their engines were helped or not but none
of them ever had problems with it.

Glenn Shaw MVPA M38A1 M151A2 M998