Re: [MV] Humberette Mk. 1

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 21:21:50 +1200

In message <b45dfc08.34a45ded@aol.com>, Cpl JK <CplJK@aol.com> writes
>I would like to know if anyone has any information on the Canadian Humberette
>Mk. 1 light armored car. I am mainly interested in dimensions or blueprints.
>Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.
>

>John

Hi John,

I can't say I have ever heard of the Canadians building Humber armoured
cars, and 'Humberette', sounds like a cross between two British
vehicles, the Humber and Beaverette. Are you sure you are not
referring to a 'Humber Mk1 Scout'. The later Mk's were called 'Humber
Light Reconnaissance'. If there is a Canadian version I would be
interested in seeing some pics.
The 'Humber Mk1 Scout's', are few and far between and very valuable.
The only examples I have ever seen were the three ex 'Polish Brigade',
ones owned by John Marchant. I worked on one which we swapped with the
Warsaw Museum back in 1985 for two MIG 15's (fully kitted out and in
flying condition. I have a number of photos of unpacking them from the
containers if any one is interested). Another went to an American
collector who lives in Liege, Belgium (his name escapes me but he was a
friend of James Swann in Australia who subscribes to this list from time
time). And the last I believe went to A.F.Budge.

regards

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz