Re: [MV] Weasel drive sprockets

Front Line Military Vehicles (flmv@netrax.net)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:49:42 -0500

Katie Ferencz wrote:

> Greg Aube' of Bristol, CT, is planning to make a production run of
> new Weasel drive sprockets. For cost effectiveness, he needs to make
> at least 100, however, the more he makes, the cheaper they will be.
> Each Weasel requires 4 sprockets, therefore he would like a
> commitment from at least 25 potential buyers. He will be able to
> produce 2 different versions, one from 4140 steel for higher-wear
> resistance, the other from softer, mild steel, as the originals were.
> For more information please contact him at:
>
> Greg Aube'
> (860)-589-1965 evenings
>
> Please pass this info along to anyone you may know who owns a Weasel,
> or is considering purchasing one in the future.
>
> John Ferencz
>
> ===
BEING A NEW WEASEL OWNER THIS IS INTERESTING...
BUT A THOUGHT COMES TO MIND ABOUT 4140 STEEL FOR WEAR RESITANCE,
SOMTHING IN ANY TRACK SYSTEM WILL WEAR OVER TIME, AND SINCE A SPROCKET
IS EASIER TO REPLACE THAN THE PARTS OF THE TRACK IT DRIVES I WOULD STAY
WITH A MILD STEEL SPROCKET AS PER ORIGINAL TO SAVE ON TRACK WEAR.
UNLESS YOU KNOW WHERE THERE IS A PILE OF NEW TRACK..

JUST A THOUGHT ON THE ABOVE, WITH 10 YEARS AS A MILLWRIGHT/FIELD WELDER
DOING REPAIR WORK IN QUARRYS.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES