Re: [MV] M-715 wheels

David P. Dusenbury (dp@interpath.com)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 19:51:10 -0500

> am looking to see if there is anything
> that will fit the bolt pattern (six hole old Doge 1950-1960?). I have
> seen that I can go to a 20" inch wheel
> and still have enough clerance to mount 1100x20 tires.

I was told that some of the old UPS trucks have the same bolt pattern and
center hole size, and the offset is close. They're like 20", but are only i
think 6.5" wide. Don't know where you'ed ever find them, though (ever seen
an ups truck in a salvage yard?).

I checked into having centers swapped into standard 16.5" wheels, a local
4x4 shop refered me to a machine shop that had done this before for other
MV's. Easier than I thought to find somebody.

DP (I'm gonna to keep the standard wheels and gears)