RE: [MV] Removing Pinion Nut

Barber, Steve R. (Steve.R.Barber@gpc.com)
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 06:26:00 -0600

I don't know any tricks, but if all of your tricks fail, try to rent a
torque multiplier from a tool rental or heavy truck repair shop.

-Steve
45 MB
43 GPA
47 CJ2A
----------
From: MMurd10690
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Removing Pinion Nut
Date: Thursday, January 08, 1998 1:09AM

Hi List! I'm working on my M37 and am getting ready to replace the oil
seals
on my tranfser case and differentials, but I need a easy way to remove
the
pinion nut. I remember doing this on my M38A1 and having a very
difficult
time in getting the nut loose. Are there any tricks to this operation?
Thanks in advance.

Rick Murdock
Purcellville, VA, USA
'51 M37