Re: [MV] Removing Pinion Nut

Ken Weiss (kweiss@wans.net)
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:14:14 -0600

MM10690,

I have an XM211 and in manual TM-9-1819AC, Ordnance Maintenance, Dec 1952,
Paragraph 84, Removal of Covers, Plugs, and Flanges, page 90. Shows a
picture of a tool used to remove the pinion nut. The tool may be available
at a tool dealer, such as Mack or Snap-On. It's called a companion flange
holding tool. The Government number is 41-T-3215-910. There is a picture
and if your interested, I'll scan it and send it to you. It may be helpful
either to make one or buy one.

Ken
Lone Star Chapter - MVPA
'53 XM211