Re: [MV] A Jeep is a jeep is a GP

Jim Rice (jimrice@iamerica.net)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 01:23:48 -0600

As an officer and a gentleman, by an act of congress, I can tell such
things. And how would you know they weren't? :)

Isn't it something like saying "Get me a coke." You might get Coke and
you might get Mountain Dew. Double meaining.

The ironic point is, the Army/soldiers apparently coined the term, yet
collectors are saying they then used it incorrectly for later
generations of vehicles. Think about it. The entire effort at
attepting to determine what is "right" is so twisted, it can never be
legitimate.

Jim Rice
'43 GPW jeep
'52 M38 jeep