Re: [MV] "jeep" describes only '40-'45 1/4-tons?

SBJohnston@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:06:55 -0500 (EST)

Todd wrote:

>What Cowdery is trying to say is that the models that came
> after the WWII models became a brand name "Jeep".

Oh, I see... it is the lower-case vs. upper-case J that he is clarifying!
Ok, that makes it clear. He was saying that WWII units were "jeeps" and
later models were "Jeeps".

I thought he was saying the later military models were something else, not
Jeep, not jeep. And perhaps the other guys I've run into were repeating this
same mistake.

"Du-uh, Dad" as my daughter would say.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com