RE: [MV] MC Saddle Bags

PietJan Baarda (pjbaarda@solair1.inter.NL.net)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:46:11 +0100

Colin,
I'm very sorry my message did not get across the way it was meant. I was referring to
SUCHER'S BOOK. ('Inside American Motorcycling and the American Motorcycle
Association 1900 - 1990'.) The errors I found there were hardly matters of opinion.
They were more of the type of calling an HD XA a HD WLA, stating that a HD
WLC had foot gear shift, etc.
I totally agree with you that Chris Orchard and Steve Madden are the experts.
The Orchard & Madden book is thorough and very good.
PietJan

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Brookes [SMTP:colb@xtra.co.nz]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 1998 12:10 PM
To: PietJan Baarda
Cc: 'David A Cron'; 'MWhee90237'; mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: Re: [MV] MC Saddle Bags

In message <01BD213F.8BC2D620@hn51-30.Hoorn.NL.net>, PietJan Baarda
<pjbaarda@solair1.inter.NL.net> writes
> (by the way, I found a lot of errors in
>this book on the HD subject I know most of: the military types).

> PietJan Baarda

I think you need to re-phrase that comment Piet. Your comment
should have been ....'by the way there are a number of points I don't
agree with'.
It is only a matter of your opinion, which is not worth very much
against that of Chris Orchard and Steve (in my opinion).

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz