Re: [MV] Membership info

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:29:17 +1200

In message <m0xsoXy-0003jFC@ermail04.btx.dtag.de>, "A.Mehlhorn"
<a.mehlhorn@t-online.de> writes
>Dear Colin,
>
>sorry, I don't know this club. Was this a real club (eingetragener Verein =
>registered club) or only a group of friends?
>
>There are a lot of such little clubs and groups and I think they are not
>from my region.
>
>Regards
>Andreas

Sorry Andreas I don't know if they were registered or not, they were
about 5 vehicles strong with several Dodge 'carryall's', and 'jeep's'.
And came from the Dusseldorf area. I first met up with them when I was
touring that area in a '1941 Matador Artillery Tractor', about 1985. I
covered about 1500 miles at 27-28 mph max :( . I also made several
trips to that area and Holland in my '1940 Austin K6 Coles Crane', at
about the same max speed. My wife still brags to her friends that I
took her on a touring holiday of Europe in a Mobile Crane !

regards
Colin