Re: [MV] MC Saddle Bags

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:53:17 +1200

In message <01BD21DD.9E2BC6C0@hn51-16.Hoorn.NL.net>, PietJan Baarda
<pjbaarda@solair1.inter.NL.net> writes
>Colin,
>I'm very sorry my message did not get across the way it was meant. I was
>referring to
>SUCHER'S BOOK. ('Inside American Motorcycling and the American Motorcycle
>Association 1900 - 1990'.) The errors I found there were hardly matters of
>opinion.
>They were more of the type of calling an HD XA a HD WLA, stating that a HD
>WLC had foot gear shift, etc.
>I totally agree with you that Chris Orchard and Steve Madden are the experts.
>The Orchard & Madden book is thorough and very good.
>PietJan

All is forgiven Piet. And yes that sounds about right, the joint
background experience on that subject by Chris and Steve are
considerable. I will still praise the latter even though he is a cop.
There are a surprising number of good serious MV collectors who are
serving policemen in England. The very hard working ex Secretary and
now Chairman of IMPS, Alan Ede is a Traffic cop, and so is Chris Davies
who amongs a long list of achievements for MV collectors, is one of the
main organisers of the 'D Day Show', at Portsmouth.

regards
Colin