Re: [MV] CMP 1940 Chev 8cwt 4X2 wireless

Rod Diery (rod@rocketship.com)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:37:15 +0800

Hi Mike, Always good to hear from another CMP enthusiast on the list.
Please be sure to visit the CMP site listed below. If you have any pics of
your vehicle scanned, send them to me and I will put them on the site.

Cheers

Rod Diery
Kulin, Western Australia
rod@rocketship.com
Visit the Canadian Military Pattern vehicle page at
http://users.bigpond.com/ROD_DIERY/cmp.html

From: mike kelly <vk3cz@sympac.com.au>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] CMP 1940 Chev 8cwt 4X2 wireless
Date: Thursday, 15 January, 1998 04:53

Hello from mike, I am restoring a 1940 8cwt chev CMP. If anyone is
interested I have
plans for the rear wireless body as I had to build a replica body. I know
of about 12
C8 's in Aust. and recently heard of a Ford F8. All the other c8;s i know
of are cab 12's.
My vehicle is not fitted with the front ventilator holes next to the grill,
it is a early No.
11 cab which makes it quite unusual i guess.
If anyone has details of the wireless fittings to these vehicles i would
appreciate any
help, I do have a few wireless sets such as WS no. 11 etc. The info I have
refers to
a wireless set no .9 which i have never seen in Aust. i have a
collection of WW2
radios so I know a bit about the radio side of things .
i have the names of other 8 cwt 4X2 owners so if anyone is interested
please reply
bye de mike.