Re: [MV] MV Transport Help

David C. Decker (campdeck@infomagic.com)
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:51:35 -0800

JIM HENSLEY wrote:

> I am new to this forum and am considering buying a MB located in Illinois
> and will need it transported to Florida. Can anyone reccomend a reliable
> transport company? Any idea of the costs involved? If I rent a tow dolly
> will my Nissan 4 cylinder pick-up
> have a hard time pulling a jeep 1,500 miles, mostly interstate travel?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated....Jim Hensley
> Congrats Jim when you get your Jeep. This forum will help you in a lot of
ways. Please consider joining MVPA, as this will help you with parts,
info and stories, an invaluable resource.
I would not hesitate towing an MB on a dolly behind a small truck, just
watch your speed and disconnect and remove the rear driveshaft first. Be
sure and check rear differential gear oil first and on the trip. You
might want to back off the brake tension also. Good luck and welcome to a
fun hobby.
Dave in Flagstaff
M715
M274