RE: [MV] MV Transport Help

Barber, Steve R. (Steve.R.Barber@gpc.com)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:06:00 -0600

Jim,

My opinion is that your truck WOULD have a hard time pulling the jeep.
I have towed my 47 CJ2A for 28 years and consider a full sized 1/2 ton
truck a minimum. You could conceivably pull a MB with a GEO, but if you
get in a bind, (have to veer, brake, accelerate) you can get in trouble
FAST. My advise is to rent a truck and trailer WITH brakes. If you do
decide to use your truck, then be sure to do it this winter. The cooler
temps will help keep the heat down in your engine and transmission.
Another reason that I recommend the full sized truck and trailer is that
one of our Georgia MVPA members lost (totaled) a pristine M151 on his
way to our show in Helen. I think he was using a full sized truck and a
dolly.

No matter what you do, BE CAREFUL. Even with the proper equipment,
idiots can pull in front of you and slam on their 4 wheel disc brake
Infinities and cause you to loose your wonderful MB.

-Steve

45 MB
45 MB
47 CJ2A