Re: [MV] M151A2 engine woes

William Anderson Carter (isaac@iamerica.net)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:06:36 -0800

> I have M151A2 engine problems. It appears that one of the lifters that
> pushs the push rod is not functioning. This, of course, makes the engine
> miss and backfire. Manuals 20 and 34, do not show this area very well.

Upon closer inspection of my problem, I think the only way to fix the tappet
lifter, without pulling the engine, is to pull the grill, radiator, fan, front
gear cover, gears and, then pulling the camshaft. The tappets would then fall
out and could be replace. This would depend if I could remove the oil pan to
re-install the new lifter and replace the camshaft while the engine is still in
place.

Do y'all think this is possible or should I "bit the bullet" and pull the engine.