Re: [MV] Re: Underpowered UNIMOG

Brent Boxall (bboxall@chattanooga.net)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:49:05 -0500

Here is my 2 cents worth on the Unimog:
My personal experience with an AM General 2.5 ton 6x6 is that you NEED power
in off road situations. Here in the North Georgia Mountains if you are
climbing a ridge on a dirt road is takes all 134 HP to keep the 13,000 lbs.
unloaded truck climbing at a good 20-25 mph on a steep grade. I don't think
that less power would be acceptable especially with cargo load and a trailer.

Brent Boxall