Re: [MV] ferret details

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 09:03:30 +1200

In message <2a5e46da.34d1bbc7@aol.com>, ASesso@aol.com writes
>I am looking to purchase several detail parts for the interior of a ferret. I
>am looking for the thermos and water bottles stowed in these vehicles. I am
>also looking for 30 caliber british ammo boxes. Can anyone help.
> Art

The 'Thermos', was the standard WW2 issue black metal one, mostly date
stamped of that period. The only water bottles carried were personal
kit. And the type (44, 52, 70 etc pattern), would depend on what period
and theatre of operations you have marked it up and kitted out for. The
30 cal ammo boxes are the small flip lid, same as the US ones. Ian
Durrant is a dealer who subscribes to this list and can probably scource
them for you. He has a URL fairly well publicised. If you don't have
it I will look it up.

regards
Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz