Re: [MV] The (JEEP) hunt is on...

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:30:58 +1200

In message <m0y1vb6-0007z4C@fwd00.btx.dtag.de>, Andreas Mehlhorn=20
<a.mehlhorn@t-online.de> writes
>My 4 Pfennige (around 2 cents) about the hunt:
>
>It is true that the hunt is an important part of our hobby.=20
>Everyone dreams about the Jeep or any other vehicle in the
>crate or left in the barn since 1945. Sometimes this dream
>comes true...

Hi,
I once did a round trip of 300 miles to Doncaster in Yorkshire to look=20
at some body parts for a CMP. It not only turned out to be a complete=20
rare rear body for the early (aeroscreen type) Bedford 15 cwt I had been=20
looking for for some time........but when I asked what was in the corner=20
of the Barn under the big canvas cover, it turned out to be a complete=20
original unaltered military 'Standard Woody Utility', with all original=20
documentation and history (one of only six made). I paid =A31500 for it=20
and had it running on the road to MV rally's within a month. =20
I have had several good finds over the years, and even though there has=20
been many hundreds of hours on what seemed at the time as wasted=20
journeys. It has always been well worth it.

regards

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz