RE: [MV] Warning California DMV

dennis P. Nolan (nolandp@aramco.com.sa)
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 07:07:03 +0300

California has a system where if the DMV is provided with a statement =
the vehicle is not operated on public roads it can be registered for =
$5.00/yr. Did you inquire if you could have applied this if the =
previous owners would have provided a notarized statement for this and =
thus avoid some of the full registration fees. I register some of my =
vehicles this way which I don't run on public roads. It saves lots of =
$$$$$.

Regards, Dennis.

----------
From: Buzz[SMTP:buzzm@reno.rmci.net]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 1998 8:34 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Warning California DMV

I bought an MV with a CA, Bill of Sale and no pink slip. The last
sticker on the vehicle tag was two years old. The vehicle had
been sold twice by just passing the Bill of Sale. When I went to
register it I had to pay $460.00 in past fees and penalities!!!!
And that was only for the next four months until the renewal came
up. Unless you have deep pockets, don't buy a vehicle with out
thinking about the registration.

=3D=3DTo unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word