Re: [MV] COE Hummer

Peter T Paone Jr. (ptpaone.jr@juno.com)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 01:38:00 EST

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:00:06 -1000 "ROBERT GALLAGHER"
<hooterdog@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>Howdy List,
>
>Has anyone ever seen a COE Hummer "truck"?
>Did they ever go to production or just prototype?
>Is there a picture of one somewhere on the www?
>
>Bob
>
>===
Bob

The Cab-Over-Engine Hummer was to carry a heavier
commo shelter, it was scheduled to go into production
but haven't seen any in Army Pubs. If I remember right
there was a pictureof one in the
Army Logistician Magazine last
year or the year before. Although it looks similar to the
FMDV, to replace the M35 and 900 series 5 ton, it
was a beefed up Hummer.

Pete
NJARNG