Re: [MV] Fuel sending unit

Rob Root (root99@earthlink.net)
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 21:36:46 -0700

CAJEEPSTR wrote:

> I have converted my original 6 volt system to 12 volt . My question is
> concerning the fuel sending unit. Should I replace the original unit with a 12
> volt unit,or could I achieve the same result with a voltage reducer to reduce
> it back to 6 volt. Any input will be appreciated. thank you. CAjeepster

I have the same situation on my GPW. Until I collect the parts to get
it back to 6V, I was able to make a voltage reducer which runs only the
fuel sender unit, and it works like a charm.

By the way, anyone want to trade a GPW generator for a CJ2 or CJ3
generator? The one I have is 6V, and looks identical to the MB/GPW
generator except for two things: the field and output connecting posts
are aligned front to back as opposed to around the circumference (side
to side), and the hole in the front plate for the adjusting arm bolt is
offset towards the engine rather than away from it. Can anyone confirm
if this is a CJ generator?

-Rob Root
1942 GPW