Re: [MV] Re: FAQ for beginners?

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 13:23:30 -0400

Dave,

Perhaps you could start by telling us just what era you may be interested in,
and then to what degree... for instance, do you anticipate buying and
restoring something, or is this simply an academic interest? Are you more
interested in the mechanics of restoration, vs the vehicles themselves?
Lastly, are there specific vehicles or classes of vehicles which strike your
fancy?

After this intro, we can perhaps direct you to more specific resources, both
in books and on the web. You obviously found the MVPA page by yourself, so
check out some of their 200-odd links, too. Find out what MV club may be
operating in your neck of the woods, and join them. Offer to help out on any
projects their members may be undertaking.

Above all, have a lot of time and patience!

Geoff