Re: [MV] Trailer

paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:44:23 -0700

Jess

I use a tandem axled trailer with brakes on the front axle. It has a
hand cranked winch on the front that I use to secure the front of whatever Ive
got on the trailer, & chain the rear to the trailer frame. The trailer is a car
hauling steel framed trailer (these are pretty comon) rated for 7000lbs , with
a wood deck (gets slippery w/ oil & water), Ive had very good luck with it &
it hasn't let me down yet. My first suggestion is get a well built one! Get
one thats a little larger than you need and you wont regret it. Get brakes on
at least one axle!! Better to be safe than sorry!!! Ive used mine to haul my
M37's, M715, M38's, & M38a1's, and use a Chevy 1 ton dually to pull it.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437