Re: [MV] 12v winch on 24v syst.

SBJohnston (SBJohnston@aol.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:59:58 EDT

"shantyboat@mcione.com" wrote:

>If you connect a 12v load to one battery of a 24v system you
>will destroy the other battery of the 24v system.

So far that hasn't been my experience. But of course I am careful to keep the
batteries well-maintained, so perhaps they can adequately handle intermittant
stresses. In addition, I very rarely apply heavy 12 volt loads with the
engine running. If max charge rate is properly set, you needn't exceed the
specs for either battery during subsequent recharge.

> Electric winches aren't much count anyway.

Sigh.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com