[MV] Re: What's a M109

gbb@creighton.edu
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 8:20:13 CDT

Sorry, I had the same problem searching for M109's on the web.
I kept coming up with self-propelled guns. There is also an M109
Duece and a half truck, six axles, ten wheels, with a "shop van"
box on the back. I believe the box is 12' long. The trucks for
sale are M109-A3s, and I believe are later models with diesel
engines. Steve is checking them out now and much more detail
will be available in a day ot two. There is a 109 shop van
pictured at: http://www.owens-export.com/sales.html, but I
think its a little older as it still has the REO gas engine,
not the Kaiser multi-fuel.

I found another 109 photo at:
http://home4.swipnet.se/~w-49362/mfhf/picts/large/m35_1.jpg
(I know, it says M35, but its an M109.)