Re: [MV] Gator 6x4 (MV?)

SCHERRER, TIM (TIMS@ACADEMIC.TRUMAN.EDU)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:21:30 CST

I am not sure what they are doing with them in airborne units, but I kno
w they use them at the ranges at Fort Knox---the range cadre on Ditto 1
and 2 have them to get between their range shack and the different point
s on the range.

We use off-street vehicles heavily in my department--we've never bought
gatorsdue to their cost--opted for Kawasaki Mules--although they are pre
tty decent vehicles. TAS

>Hello all,
> I am wondering if anyone knows anything about a special John Deere Gator
>6x4 utility cart that the military is testing? There is a John Deere
>dealership in the family am intrested a little in these possible mv's.
>What I have heard is it will be diesel, 6x4, 24V., be able to be air
>dropped, consiered disposible, and probably set up with litters. I believe
>it is in the testing process now.
> All I could picture is this being another 1/4 ton utlity truck "jeep" it
>is for two people can haul up to 800 lbs. but the limit is at east on the
>normal gators now is 15.5 mph max speed so no on road use.
> anyone heard anything about this vehicle, I'd be interested to hear.
>Mark C. Johnson
>1952 M38A1 (2)
>M-416
>Harrisburg Pa
>MVPA GPA
>
>===

* Tim A. Scherrer "You'll be fighting WWII for the rest of *
* Facilities Supervisor your life", Ron Scherrer, 1971 *
* Truman State University *
* WP: 816-785-5551 CPT, MI, USAR *
* WF: 816-785-4201 Commander, D/2/334th INF RGT *
* HP: 816-665-6704 *
* E-mail: TIMS@ACADEMIC.TRUMAN.EDU *