Re: [MV] m715 carb problem

shantyboat (shantyboat@mcione.com)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:05:57 -0400

By any chance are you burning oxygenated or reformulated gas? I drove
myself nuts with this garbage trying to get it to burn in an old flathead
Continental in an air compressor. I finally had to install an adjustable
main jet to get it rich enough to pick up the load. This stuff will also
dissolve the old varnish off the inside of your tank (or someone else's
storage tank) & plug things up for you. The computers on the new engines
can compensate for different fuels but some of the old engines have
problems.