Re: [MV] H.A. Parramore Surplus Co./John Booth

Arthur C. Kyle ((no email))
Fri, 24 Apr 98 01:11:55 -0700

Quoth "Kevin M. Vislocky" <vislock@mail.state.fl.us>:
>>I spoke with Mr. John Booth personally last night. He was very
>>concerned because he had heard through several people that "a
>>person named Booth" and Parramore Surplus's reputation and honesty
>>had been questioned on the Military Vehicle Internet List.

A raison d'etre for the list. This is a place for people to inquire
into the honesty and reliability of vendors, and for others to
relate their experiences and opinions. I'm glad the vendor heard
of this discussion and hope he is satisfied with the outcome. Perhaps
it will spur him or others to participate, or at least become
available electronically.

"Just fishin' from my" <gamma_goat@plazma.net> riposted with:
>From my perspective, his honesty, etc. _Was_ questioned. In my
>opinion, it was a good thing for john. why? because _not_ _one_
>person on this list had anything bad to say.

Exactly. There may come a time when a list subscriber accuses a
vendor of out-and-out theft and list members rush to the vendor's
defense, or someone posts a glowing review but others follow up
with example after example of disastrous transactions. In the end,
the best way to obtain the closest approximation to the truth will
be an open, honest, and thorough discussion. Many "two cents worth"
can total a significant sum. The only thing I ask is that we maintain
a reasonable level of decorum, avoiding libel while revealing facts.
You all deserve high praise for doing so. Furthermore, IMNSHO, this
particular thread can serve to those who are not yet wired in as
just one more small yet excellent example of the Internet's utility
and influence.

--Arthur
Quot homines, tot sententiae
Please do NOT quote my whole message back to me when replying