RE: [MV] fire-extinguisher

Barber, Steve R. (Steve.R.Barber@gpc.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 14:16:00 -0500

If the bracket is correct, then it should have six threaded holes on the
bracket. If you look under the side mounted rear view mirror, there are
six capscrews (or holes where the capscrews go) that will line up with a
correct fire exstinguisher bracket. If you mount the fire exstinguisher
on the inside of this body panel, it should not limit your leg room. I
am unsure of the color. I painted mine o.d.

-Steve

42 GPA
45 MB
47 CJ2A
48 CJ2A
----------
From: kamp0043
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] fire-extinguisher
Date: Friday, May 01, 1998 12:45PM

Hi listers,

I bought a WW2 Pyrene fire-extinguisher with bracket/holder. It is
marked W.D.so it is British. I want to put this on my '43 Ford GPW. I
have got two questions:

What color should the bracket/holder be? It was black when I bought it?
I want to give my jeep a Commonwealth/british WW2 identity.

Where should I place the fire-extinguisher? I think the inside of my
jeep, next to my left under-leg should be the proper place. Since I am
tall (198 cm),I haven't got much room left there. I consider placing the
fire-extinguisher on the left fender as an alternative.

Greetings

Dennis
the Netherlands
'43 Ford GPW