Re: [MV] fire-extinguisher

Laurent de Miollis (astrad@club-internet.fr)
Fri, 01 May 1998 23:58:29 +0100

kamp0043 wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> I bought a WW2 Pyrene fire-extinguisher with bracket/holder. It is
> marked W.D.so it is British. I want to put this on my '43 Ford GPW. I
> have got two questions:
>
> What color should the bracket/holder be? It was black when I bought it?
> I want to give my jeep a Commonwealth/british WW2 identity.
>
> Where should I place the fire-extinguisher? I think the inside of my
> jeep, next to my left under-leg should be the proper place. Since I am
> tall (198 cm),I haven't got much room left there. I consider placing the
> fire-extinguisher on the left fender as an alternative.
>
> Greetings
>
> Dennis
> the Netherlands
> '43 Ford GPW
>
> ===
One solution perhaps is to install the fire-extinguisher on the right
inside panel, underthe glove box, like as the Early Mb (100.000 to
125809)
Never during WW2 you find it on the left fender, this place was used by
French and Belgian army, after the WW2.

For the holder colour, same as the car, for me, O.D.
For the fire extinguisher, O.D,

WBR
Laurent de Miollis
Willys 43