[MV] Re: Normandy wreck museum

Danny Bosma (amigadb@dds.nl)
Sun, 03 May 1998 23:45:24 +0100

Hi all,

>Museum is called the "Wrecks Museum" or such like in French =

It is : Mus=E9e des =E9paves
Sous-Marines
Du D=E9barquement
with the English subtitle: D-Day - Wrecks

It`s about 1 km from Port-en-Bessin.

>....I thought it was rather costly considering what they had.
I agree,I last visited Normandy in 1994 during the D-Day remembrance days=
and
at that time it costed 30 French Francs to get in.

>The trouble with Normandy is it's getting too commercial
>German Radar at Douvres.....the whole place landscaped with paths and BB=
>site.
I think that`s the same one I visited in 1994. About the only thing that =
was
completed back then was the entrance. They charged 30 FF. to see about
nothing.

>If you want old style museums then the ones around the Falaise area are
>really great,
I enjoined the one in Bayeux, just outside Bayeux and in Quistreham also =
very
much. Come to think of it there where more nice museums...
Ah well, I enjoined the trip very much and I hope that I can make it next=

year.

Danny
The Netherlands