RE: [MV] M211 brake seizure

Robert H. Clugston (robert@csnsys.com)
Mon, 4 May 1998 17:38:48 -0700

I notice this happens on my M-715 when there is no pad left or when the
drums need adjustment.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com [mailto:owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com] On Behalf
Of MVTrucker
Sent: Monday, May 04, 1998 4:31 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] M211 brake seizure

List,
My friend Ted just called me and told me of a problem he's having with his
M211 brake system. He normally has about 3" of brake pedal free-play, but
while enroute to a show the other day the brakes built up somehow and the
free-play disappeared. He felt the brakes dragging and came to a stop. The
pedal was up hard, no play at all. He released pressure on the system at
a wheel cylinder bleeder. This allowed him to continue on, but the free-play
started to leave again by time he got to his destination. The same thing
happened on his way home. How did the brakes build up like that? Is it in
the hydro-vac system? He did not apply the brakes or pump the pedal,
the brakes just came on as he drove along. Thanks for any help you can
offer.
Joe mvtrucker@aol.com