[MV] Davey Crockett Restoration

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Tue, 5 May 1998 07:15:01 +0200

Todd Paisley schrieb:

> I'm trying to gauge how much info is out there to do a
> correct restoration (minus the atomic warhead of course!).

Why this? I think firearms are legal in the USA. Do you want
a 100 points restoration or not? ;-)

But may be it is better so. The range is a little short. A
friend of mine has been a gunner in a battery with M105 ?
self propelled guns. Those were M109s with longer barrels
and able to use grenades with atomic warheads. Their range
was 30 km (18 miles), much better than the lousy 1.25 miles
of the Davey Crocket rifle. (Still close enough to an=20
atomic blast!)

Good luck for your restoration project!

Regards
Andreas