Re: [MV] FROZEN ENGINE/M38A1

Just fishin' from my (gamma_goat@plazma.net)
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:30:05 -0700

just a thought, but the most annoying problem i ever had like that turned
out to be a seized starter motor....
-dd

> Need help with frozen engine on a M38A1. Engine(134 cu. in.
>F-Head) was commercially rebuilt approx. 15 years ago and had total of
>about 1k miles on it from several owners due to various running
>problems. Vehicle last ran about 8 to 9 years ago. Has been in outside
>tarped storage since.
> There was dirty oil in crankcase with no evidence of water in
>it. Radiator had water in it when stored, but dry now.
> I removed plugs and tried to turn crankshaft with 3/4 drive and
>breaker bar--- no joy. Filled cylinders with Marvel Mystery oil and let
>sit for 5 days--nada. Over next 2 weeks have added : 1 gallon of WD-40
>to cylinders, 2 gallons of kerosene to crankcase, 2 quarts of 5 wt. oil
>to crankcase and airsparged the crankcase for 7 days to distribute oil
>mist through engine-- smells nice, but still bound tight. I then tried
>dragging it up and down street and sidestepping the clutch--nice rubber
>strips, but no rotation.
> Next step I think is to pull head and beat pistons into
>submission with sledge and 2x4--- unless you wonderful folks might have
>something up your collective sleeves to break it loose. Patiently
>waiting for a miracle--- {;-)
>

>Ron Johanson , collector of MV lawn art and hanger queens
>M38A1 ( x3)
>M715
> and nothing runs---YET!!!
>" No problem is too large that the proper application of a small amount
>of C-4 won't solve. "
>

>===

\\\\\//
+-=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=oo0-(_)-0oo=oOO==(_)==OOo=oo0-(_)-0oo=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=-+
Plazma Networking Services / Level Seven inc.
Connecting the World....
http://www.plazma.net http://www.L7.net http://www.L7.org
Olympia's "one stop" InterNetworking Provider 1 (360) 357 - 7315