Re: [MV] Ferret's and alternatives.

Rick (lathrrs@mainsite.com)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:45:59 -0400

Douglas,
It wasnt until the MP units in Vietnam were getting high casualty rates due
to ambushes during convoys that the US decided to purchase the V100. It took
the commander of the 18th MP brigade and his XO sitting in a borrowed South
Vietnamese Army V100 while it was shot at with a M60 machine gun, filming
the whole episode and sending the tape to the brass to get them to even
think about purchasing them for convoy use.
Rick Lathrop
Cadillac Gage V100 site
http://home.mainsite.com/lathrrs/v100.html