[MV] Re: MB serial numbers and casting dates.

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:20 -0400

>I recently purchased several WWII MB/GPW engines from a local parts company
>who was going to send them to the scrapper the next day. I will be keeping
>some of these motors for my own projects but others will be for sale at a
>later date. For now I am posting the serial numbers and date information of
>about half of these motors for those who find this sort of information
useful.

Thanks for the posting. I'll add them to the database. The casting dates
seem weird for the early ones. (My 111XXX block has 12-16.) It looks like
they used MA blocks that were laying around or they were casting blocks in
anticipation of winning the 1/4-ton contract.

If you see a 46XXXX block with a 8-19 casting date, let me know!

Todd Paisley