Re: [MV] Parts and manuals

Chuck Chriss (cchriss@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 09:04:35 -0700

Here is the list of the normal set of manuals. There are others, more
specialized (like xenon searchlight mount):

Operator's Manual: TM9-2320-218-10
Org Maintenance: TM9-2320-218-20
Depot Maintenance: TM9-2320-218-34
Parts Book: TM9-2320-218-20P
Depot Rebuild Parts: TM9-2320-218-34P
Lube Order: LO9-2320-218-12

The numbering system for the manuals is the same for all vehicles (in recent
decades). TM9 indicates that it is ordnance maintenance, 2320-218 indicates
the M-151 1/4 ton truck, and the last two digits indicate the level of
organization it applies to: 1=operator, 2=organization (local), 3 and 4
indicate depot or central maintenance facility. 10 means operator only, 34
means level 3 and 4. The P suffix means a parts book. Not for the 151, but
you will see manuals with the suffix 14 which means one manual for all
levels of usage (I think the M-416 trailer manual is like that). Its pretty
consistent and useful once you get used to it.

Portrayal has them all. Ask also for change sheets for the above which are
separate from the manuals. You can link to Portrayal Press from the
Publications page of www.olive-drab.com.

Hope this helps,
chuck@olive-drab.com