Re: [MV] Blinkers and MG gun mounts and pedistals

Chuck Chriss (cchriss@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:21:32 -0700

Try Coleman's, Army Surplus Warehouse and US Cav for the flak vest. All
listed under Surplus Dealers on www.olive-drab.com.

Good luck.
chuck@olive-drab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brubaker <b52d@southwind.net>
To: MV List <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Monday, June 15, 1998 7:47 PM
Subject: [MV] Blinkers and MG gun mounts and pedistals

>Thanks to all the people who answered my request for help with the turn
signals on my Mutt.

>As it turns out it was a compound problem which, miracle of miracles, cost
no money to fix! First the turn signal unit, which I removed from the
steering column to paint the jeep, did not have a good ground as a result of
the new paint job. Then under the dash, the cannon plug on the blinker
module had come loose and was vibrated back all but one turn of the threads.
So a little bit of tightening up and the whole thing works very well.

>I have the pedestal mount for the machine gun on order and it should be
here tomorrow, I hope. If anybody has learned any do's or don'ts on the
installation, please let me know. I have the installation guideline from
Portrayal Press, but sometimes folks learn a few things that the books do
not tell. Let me know if you do, please. The M-60 comes just a little
later, and let me tell you, the folks at Rock Island Arsenal are real nice
folks. Answered all my pesky questions and sounded genuinely glad to talk
to me. I have seen one of their finished M-60's and they are quite good. I
am looking for the pintal mount for this gun, if anybody has any leads, I
would sure like to hear about it.

>And lastly, and not quite vehicle related, but yet it is. I am looking for
an M-1952 or M-69 Vietnam era flak vest to hang over the drivers seat on the
jeep. I would really like to have a size large if possible. If anybody on
the list knows of one, please let me know. I already tried Riv-Rad with his
ad, but it was gone, so any suggestions?