Re: [MV] Blinkers and MG gun mounts and pedistals

Rick Green (rgreen@mail.datasys.net)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:05:55 -0700

JStinson90@aol.com wrote:

> I got my M60 cradle at SARCO, Inc.
> 323 Union Street
> Stirling, NJ 07980
> Phone: (908)647-3800
> Fax: (908)647-3846
> Is your M60 real or dummy?
> I have a dummy for now!! Can't afford the yearly taxes on a full auto just
> yet, But its alwas on my wish list.
> I have a friend with a real one and he pays $1,000.00 a year to the Gov't for
> a full auto!!!!!
> How much did you pay for your M4 pedestal and was it cut ? I was told to get
> an uncut one is rare ! Mine was never cut. I know where 15 more are sitting
> (UNCUT) !!!
> Make sure that you drill your 4 holes for the pedestal thru the special ribs
> that are under the floor between the driver and passenger seats you can only
> see them from under neath. I miss judged mine by 1/4 in. Good thing I'm not
> shooting a rear M60 from it. (or it might tear out of the floor)
>
> Your "JEEP" nut !!!!!!!!
> Jeff
> MVPA member:
> 62 M151
> 67 M151A1 w/M4 Pedestal & Cradle,M60(dummy),AN / VRC-46(radio),heater
> 71 M151A2 w/ROPS,heater
> 67 M416
>
> ===
Don't believe that BS about paying the GOVT 200 in taxes every year.
That is a BS rumor, I am Class 3, that means that I own a Class 3
firearm(s)(ie Machine gun or Destructive Device). The only tax you pay
is 200 per gun for the transfer (one time), after that, no more paying,
except for ammo and repairs. That is a common belief among people who
have not been around C3. The only way your friend has to pay 1000 per
year is if he is a holding a C3 FFL, but it is only 500 per year. I am
working on getting my C3 FFL. You can look to pay around 7500-12,500
for a nice to NIB GI issue M60 (transferable of course) plus the one
time 200 excise tax.

Hope you are able to obtain one in the future, by the way, what state
are you in, that might prevent you from getting on.

As for my dream, it is to own a nice GM M2HB that sits on top a M18
Hellcat, tank included of course.

If anybody needs anymore info involving Class 3, please feel free to
email me. Or if you just want to Talk OD that would be lots of fun too.
Jason The Austringer Green

1944 M29 Weasel
1960 M274 Willys mule
2 1952 M38A1s (one is about to be sold to buy me a M1928A1 Thompson
(C&R))