Re: [MV] M-37 restarting after storage

Rob Root (root99@earthlink.net)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:39:28 -0700

Listers:

I started a 1933 Plymouth which had been in storage less than 2 years
after an engine rebuild. It started and ran fine. Then the next time I
went to start it it was only running on 4 cylinders... Ultimately I
discovered that the old gasoline had formed varnish which collected on
the valve stems, and after the engine was shut off, the varnish hardened
and stuck a couple of valves open. DEFINITELY try to get rid of/dilute
any remaining old gas if you can.