Re: [MV] Donation to 1998 MVPA Convention

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:45:25 -0400

>I don't see anything political in this MVPA charter. It is an
>"international" organization. As such, I don't think that it would be
>right if the MVPA were to sanction an event that singles out former
>enemies (and current ALLIES) for symbolic punishment.
>
>Crushing cars with tanks is not a "reinactment" and doesn't require
>German or Japanese cars to be "authentic." This is not the preservation
>of history.

I totally agree. How the crushing of a 1980's Toyota Camry or VW Golf
relates to some sort of reinactment of WWII or conveys some sort of
historical event totally escapes me. This is a hate activity if there ever
was one. I don't think the governing board of the MVPA should condone such
an activity at their meet. Especially for those people from Germany, Japan
and Italy that plan on attending this international event.

Todd Paisley