Re: [MV] M151A2 VINs/etc.

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:11:51 -0400

M151A2's had the following numbers when they rolled off the assembly line:
I have a Ford built 1971 M151A2. All of the M151A2 bodies that I have seen which
were used by Ford or AMG had a Tag spot welded to the firewall on the engine side
just below where the hood edge comes to. It says who the body was produced
by(mostly the BUDD Co. of wheel fame) and the body serial number. Also you will
have the data plate on the dash on the drivers side. This will state the vehicle
ID number. Then you have the engine serial number. Finally you will have the
military unit numbers. If these have not been removed you will have all four
sets, Body, Engine,VIN, and Unit markings. A lot of numbers for one vehicle :-) !

Glenn Shaw MVPA