RE: [MV] Exrra bit

Barber, Steve R. (Steve.R.Barber@gpc.com)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:36:00 -0500

A friend of mine was nearly killed when loading his Burma Jeep on his
gooseneck trailer after attending a July 4 parade. He sustained a
fractured skull during a fall off of the trailer. Let's all keep in
mind that we need to be VERY safety conscious when loading, towing, or
just maintaining our military toys.

Don't worry, the Burma Jeep is fine.

-Steve
----------
From: gwim2@student.open.ac.uk
To: dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Exrra bit
Date: Sunday, July 26, 1998 6:17AM

Hmm, turning up at the casualty department and saying "a field mouse
ran over my foot" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Fortunately my most serious occurrence with an MV (to date) was missing
the step whilst trying to get up on the DUKW and doing one ankle no
good at all - anyone else have any MV injuries ? (hopefully not too
serious) Gordon