Re: [MV] Cost of shipping internationally

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 07:07:09 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: CplJK@aol.com <CplJK@aol.com>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 30 July 1998 02:30
Subject: [MV] Cost of shipping internationally

>Does anyone know the approximate cost to ship a WWII 2.5 ton truck to
>Portsmouth (UK) from NY? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi John,

I live some 15 mins from Portsmouth (UK) and apart from Channel Islands
freight shipped daily and the Channel ferries to France there is no
intercontinental shipping in this Naval port, you will probably have to use
Southampton. No big deal as its only some 20 miles west. The USN uses
Portsmouth though. . . . . . . .

Any shipping agent or freight forwarder in your yellow pages should be able
to quote though and you might try Carl, Ccmilitaryservices@btinternet.com
who ships via Southampton to the US for a contact name.

Richard
(Southampton UK)