Re: [MV] The MVPA Tobyhanna page

Bob & Jeff Gallagher (hooterdog@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 19:38:09 -1000

Anyone can identify a problem. You should have learned in the Marines to
FIX problems. If you don't like what the MVPA has advertised, or don't
agree with their policies, join the organization and work to make a
difference. As a non-member you have no stake in the organization, so an
open letter of complaint seems strange. If you are truly concerned for the
MVPA it seems like the obvious first step would be to join. There are
certainly better ways to voice concern than a "piss and moan" open letter.

As to the dates for "general admission" to the MVPA convention, the name
should say it all. This is the Military Vehicle Preservation Association
Convention and primarily for the membership.

>>> Based on some of the hostile advertising directed at you guys by
>>> some former members, I am skeptical anyway, and after seeing your
website in

Skeptical of what?????

Your letter comes across as being some sort of "sour grapes" rant with a
hidden aggenda. Real concern would have been voiced in a different tone.

The MVPA is an excellent organization and can be even better with the added
membership of concerned enthusiasts. "Open letters" of complaint do
nothing to improve the hobby.

Bob

> An open letter to MVPA
> No offense guys, but you took up a lot of space to say not very much.
How can