Re: [MV] The MVPA Tobyhanna page

Dave Cole (DA_Cole@compuserve.com)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:18:25 -0400

I think that you are overreacting to some simple commentary. =

I wouldn't know Mike from any other guy on the street, but I think his
comments were meant to be constructive. It really didn't sound like MVPA=

bashing to me and I didn't hear a glimmer of hidden agenda in his message=
=2E =

On the other hand your reply was unnecessary. Do you think that Mike is
going to run out and join the MVPA now since you accused him of not
learning things while being a Marine. I think that you are confirming hi=
initial impressions. Not a good move. I think you owe Mike an apology.

I don't think that a person interested in MVs should have to join the
organization in order to make comments regarding it. Instead of telling
people that they need to join to change the group, I think it would be in=

the best interest of the MVPA to try and promote a positive public image.=
=

If Mike, who owns MVs, and is an ex military guy thinks that the group is=

creating a bad public perception, then what do you think the anti-MV,
anti-military people out there are thinking about the MVPA? A negative
public image could be very detrimental to the group. Think about it.

As a newbie to MVs myself, I have a general interest that I'd like to
explore. I have really appreciated all of the knowlege that many of the
people on this list have been willing to share. If I was closer to the
convention, I'd seriously consider trying to attend, however I too have t=
question the logic behind the promotion of a members only convention wit=
only one day open to the general public. What is the logic behind that? =

Does the MVPA really have three days of business it needs to conduct in
private? Why not open it up and promote the hobby and the group? =

Dave

Message text written by "Bob & Jeff Gallagher"
>Anyone can identify a problem. You should have learned in the Marines t=
FIX problems. If you don't like what the MVPA has advertised, or don't
agree with their policies, join the organization and work to make a
difference. As a non-member you have no stake in the organization, so an=

open letter of complaint seems strange. If you are truly concerned for t=
he
MVPA it seems like the obvious first step would be to join. There are
certainly better ways to voice concern than a "piss and moan" open letter=
=2E

As to the dates for "general admission" to the MVPA convention, the name
should say it all. This is the Military Vehicle Preservation Association=

Convention and primarily for the membership. <

Amikesomm@aol.com wrote:
> =

> An open letter to MVPA
> No offense guys, but you took up a lot of space to say not very much. =

How can
> us non-member MV types like myself (three M-37s, one WC-62, an MB
project) who
> usually don't have time to go to conventions make any decisions with a
page
> like that? Show us the daily schedule for the whole convention. Tell =
us
how
> much to join on the spot so we can come during the week instead of on t=
he
> weekend? Make the whole thing open to everybody. I mean really, if I
can't
> come during the week unless I'm a member, then you must not need member=
very