Re: [MV] Air Dropping WWII jeeps

Mark C. Johnson (pjohnson@ezonline.com)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 18:34:07 -0400

I have seen pictures of flying jeeps on the internet somewhere. If
memory serves me correct the English and Austrailians built a few prototypes
during the war.
Also at the MVPA convention I learned that in 1945 Chevrolert built
two prototype airborne jeeps. From my understanding these were unibody
construction for weight concerns to be airdropped.

Mark C. Johnson
1952 M38A1 (2)
M416
Harrisburg, Pa