RE: [MV] m38a1 suspension

Davis, Temp S., IV (Temp.S.Davis.IV@gpc.com)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 06:38:00 -0500

My 63, M38A1 has the exact same problem. It is mostly the left rear
spring. Same questions. What to do?
Thanks
Temp Davis
MVPA
63, M38A1
63, M151
----------
From: Abwher@aol.com
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] m38a1 suspension
Date: Friday, August 14, 1998 12:19AM

help! my m38a1 is sagging. It is about ! inch lower on the drivers
side
than on pax side. I am able to lift the jeep with arm power and it will
set
level until some weight is applied then the sag returns. The eye to eye
measurements front and back are within spec when springs are off jeep.
Threr
dont seem to be any broken leaves. Likewise no broken shackles. I am
inclined
to think I Just have "weak" springs. Any one on list have much lucwith
having
springs "re-arched" or would it be more effective to just bite the
bullet and
replace the springs and if so would you recommend just replacing the
affected
side or replace all the way around?
Thanks ahgain in advance
Tony Stephas