Re: [MV] CMP web site updated

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:18:50 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Diery <rod@rocketship.com>
To: Mil Veh List <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 08 September 1998 00:12
Subject: [MV] CMP web site updated

>All this discussion about US military vehicles and we ignore some of
the
>most successful military vehicles of WW2, the Canadian Military Pattern
>vehicles. They were used by every country in the British Commonwealth
during
>the war and by dozens of other countries post-war. They were even used
by
>the US Army in several theatres of WW2.

Absolutely.

>The CMP web site is one year old this week. Take a moment to leave your
MB,
>GPW, M151, M35, DUKW and have a look at the site. 350000 CMPs were
built so
>they aren't exactly insignificant.

I would disagree with Rod here, in 1941 Canada made 189,178 CMP's; in
'42 a further 199,542 plus 12,987 AFV's.

The standardised jeep, ran to a total wartime production of 639,245
units (277,896 GPW's and 361,349 MB's).

The total output of CMP's between 1939 and 1945 was 815,729 (plus 50,663
AFV's); indeed not exactly insignificant.

Richard
(Southampton UK)